Thursday, June 14, 2007

our new couch and unfinished floor



I just thought you all might like to see our new (used) couch and our new (not quite finished) laminate wood flooring that Darrel and Steve installed. I think the flooring looks awesome and I'm so proud of Darrel and Steve and the good job that they have done. He and Steve have worked very hard to get this done and their hard work has paid off. Darrel is still going to install the baseboards for a finished look but isn't it just beautiful. This floor and the new tile that Darrel is going to lay in the kitchen is going to make it very hard for me to put this house on the market. It's turning into a very, very nice house.

Today was a fun day. I spent the morning working on Father's Day projects and then this afternoon and evening we were able to go see Grandma Noble one more time before she leaves and swim one more time. We waited until the older kids got out of school so we could all swim together. Joy and I even donned our swimsuits and got in the water. With the temperature pushing 110 degrees it was a cool, refreshing way to spend the afternoon. We have enjoyed our time with Grandma this week. We hope she has a safe trip back to Utah.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I love the floor! Wow! I think wood/laminate flooring looks so sharp. We put it in our downstairs in our house in Texas and I loved it. You can clean it up so much easier than carpt, but I can't seem to convince Mike to make the switch here. He claims he likes the softness of carpet, but I sure love the look of hardwood. It's beautiful. Good work!