Monday, August 20, 2007

Good Morning

How is everyone feeling this fine morning? Why are Mondays so hard for us? I think for most of us it's the letdown from the weekend and knowing that we have to wait another five whole days for the weekend to return. For me, as a stay at home mom, I love having my husband home and tuned into my kids. I miss him when he goes back to work on Monday because then everything that needs to get done at home now falls squarely back on my shoulders. I like shouldering the burden with someone else. I have tremendous respect for single moms...I don't know how they do it! This morning we're back to our two-hour-a-day cleaning schedule. My boys are thrilled beyond words, I can tell. Right now they are downstairs watching Mythbusters (one of their all-time favorites) and I just gave them a 40 minute warning before we begin cleaning. So that means, I too, have 40 minutes before I have to be the gestapo of clean.

School starts next week for a lot of kids around here. My kiddos don't start until mid September because of the track they've been put on. I, however, will start preschool right after Labor Day Weekend so I've been preparing lesson plans and deciding how to get the preschool room ready.

I have also started the monumental task of potty-training Zachary. We started a couple of weeks ago and it's such a pleasant thing. :0) If I could be a mom and never potty-train I would LOVE that. It's definitely one of my least favorite things to do as a mom. We have at least attempted to cross a few hurdles. We went out of town (to my mom's house) and although he had a handful of accidents we did alright. We've left the house on quite a few occasions now and he even went to church for two weeks in a row without any accidents. We still have our days (and sometimes a few times a day) that I have to practice my patience skills, but we're doing OK. Keep your fingers crossed for us. Every little bit helps.

I'm still waiting on my camera. UPS approved my claim (which basically means that they admit they can't find the package or that it was stolen) and I re-ordered the camera from B&H photo. The only problem being...they are out of stock. I put myself on the list for the camera and they said that they will ship it as soon as they get it in. I would have had them refund my money but no one else has this camera with the lens that I want in stock. It seems that it's backed up all the way from the Nikon factory. At this point I'm being patient because I've already missed all the photo opportunities this summer that I really cared about. My other little point and shoot camera didn't do a terrible job, but I sure would have liked to have my new camera for all the cool vacation pictures. I got an e-mail saying that they received my order so now I just wait for the e-mail telling me that they have shipped my order. UPS is on my spit list right now so they better take extra special care of this particular package for me...we'll just see how that goes.

Well, I guess I better get plugged in to my kids now and decide exactly what and how we are going to clean today. Thanks for reading the ramblings.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Good morning to you too...except now it's afternoon here--oh well! :) You're pictures of your Utah trip are really cute. I know what you mean about not wanting the weekends to end. I love them too! So I really want to here more about your preschool when you have the chance. I'd love to see your preschool room too to see how you set up and what it looks like. When do you start and on a scale of 1-10 how have you liked doing it so far? Just curious because I know I will want to do it someday too. Have a great day!
Melissa

Elise said...

Love to hear how you're doing. Hope the camera comes...soon. Then we will have it for my trip!!! I love you!

Marcie said...

So sorry about your camera fiasco... what a nightmare! I look forward to seeing the pics when it comes!