Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Weekend Before Halloween

I'm sick...I hate this. I went to the doctor and found out I don't have strep (thank goodness) but my throat is swollen and it hurts like a mother bear when I swallow. I didn't eat or drink anything for the majority of yesterday and today and now I have one hefty headache - I think it's dehydration mostly. It's a double edged sword. It hurts so much to swallow but not swallowing anything makes me hurt other places. I called my brother Danny and he said he would send me something that should help. Thanks Dan! You're a lifesaver.

Tonight is a big Halloween party for the boys at gymcats. They are so excited to go. They're going to have pizza, games, a zip line and open gym. The boys can hardly wait. I also signed up to help with the clean up because this gets us a discount on our gymnastic fees. Darrel will probably end up going in my place because I feel so horrible which makes me feel guilty because I signed up for it, not him. Oh well, maybe I can pay him back some other time.

This next Tuesday is our preschool Halloween party. I need to be spending this weekend getting ready for it, but alas, I'm not. I hope I feel better on Monday because feel better or not I'm going to be busting my behind getting this house cleaned up for the preschoolers and their families. I went to the store today and bought a few games. I still need to come up with some more things to do so wish me luck.

I've been meaning to blog something for awhile and just haven't but Joy told me I better write it down before I forget so here goes. Zachary has the cutest habit of saying "No tank you" when he doesn't want something. For example, I'll say, "Zachary do you want a drink?" "No tank you". "Zachary, do you need a nap?" "No tank you". Anytime he doesn't want something, even if it's not a question he'll say "No tank you". The other day I told him that we were going over to Joy's house "No tank you" he says, I told him that it wasn't an option I needed to go over there for something. He said "No tank you" all the way there. All I could think was, well - at least he's polite about it. So funny. He says it at least 20 times a day. I'm sure he'll grow out of the thank you part - but I'll take it for as long as I can get it.

Anyway, the boys carved their pumpkins this morning. They are very cute and I'll have to take a picture and post.

No comments: