Tuesday, October 24, 2006

October 24, 2006

I had preschool this morning. I don't know what it is about Tuesdays...maybe it's because I don't have preschool on Mondays and they release all their pent up energy on Tuesday. Today was a day. We had crying and chaos and all sorts of things. In spite of that we managed to make some very cute crafts and learn about the letter H and the shape oval.

Johnathan has been sick the last couple of days and I am debating whether or not to take him into the doctor. He went to school today, but came home with a fever, chills, headache and said that his throat hurt. I guess when I see it all in writing it becomes pretty apparent that we should probably have a doctor check him out.

Right now the boys are doing their homework and Zachary is standing at my elbow saying, "Paint, paint...I paint, paint...I paint, paint" you get the idea. Painting is such a messy project and it turns out I have a massive headache. I'm hoping to get him interested in something else so we can avoid the mess and such.

I have no idea what to make for dinner tonight but I just called Darrel and he said he should be home around six. That is great news. I am very excited to have him home. Alex badly wants to go play tennis and I am happy to oblige except for this blasted headache. Darrel said that he would love to take his boys to play tennis. Most likely I will keep Johnathan and Zachary home and let Darrel and Alex go play tennis, just the two of them. Alex will love that. I'll let Johnathan watch cartoons on the couch and veg out. Hopefully he will feel better soon.

Well, I better get back to my day - see ya!

3 comments:

Elise said...

Thanks for the update - it's so good to hear from you! Hope Johnathan is feeling better soon! I love you! Tell your boys hello for me!

Elise said...

An idea:
My friend expressed the same wo concerning the mess of painting. She said that what she does as a solution is buys only water color paints and then has her boys (she has two ages 4 and 6) finger paint on the door of the dishwasher when it is open. Then, when the painting is over, she shuts the dishwasher and runs it, and whala, clean! I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like a good solution to the mess of painting.

Angela said...

good idea...I'll try that sometime. thanks!