Thursday, October 26, 2006

Boy Howdy

Mama said there would be days like this...Boy Howdy. I don't know what kind of sugar cereal the preschool kids consumed this morning, but wow, it must have been plenty sugary. We had to sit down at the end of preschool and have a talk about how to treat the preschool and our preschool friends. We also talked about how it's not nice to call the snack gross or to tell everyone very loudly how you don't want it, etc. I was getting a little tired of how opinionated (and loud) some of these preschoolers are getting. We talked about respect and compassion. I don't know how many of them understood, but I tried. I don't even want to think about how it's going to be next Tuesday on Halloween.

Darrel is working his rear end off this week. He goes into work in the morning, comes home for dinner and then goes back until 2:00am or 3:00am in the morning and then does it again. I know that he is majorly sleep deprived. Hopefully when this week ends he can do some catching up on his zzzzzz's. His company has a big customer in this week testing and trying out some of their stuff. If this (customer) company likes what it sees it could mean big (really big) bucks for Darrel's boss and his company. We'll keep our fingers crossed. I know that they have been under a pretty big microscope this week.

Yesterday was a Zachary nightmare. Never, ever again will that child (at least in the next year) go without a nap in the middle of the afternoon. I got busy and didn't put him down when I should have, he fell asleep around 5:00pm - made me miss the ward party - woke up at 8:00pm and went back down at 10:00pm. He then woke up around 6 this morning. I should never have done that to him. He needs structure and I should have put him down for his afternoon nap in the afternoon. Never has a lesson been learned so well. Talk about a grump, yesterday and this morning. I swear he was grating on my last migraine filled nerve this morning. I'm still trying to get rid of my headache.

Joy is such a lifesaver for me. I'm so grateful to have her next door. I'm grateful for all the help she is to me and the shoulder I need. She is always willing to try and make my life easier. I love that we are able to be so close now. She kept Zachary after preschool so I could make some travel arrangements for mom. I called my mom and left a message on her cell so hopefully she'll call me back soon and I can talk to her. I appreciate that Joy was so willing just to keep Zachary even though she has company and her own kids to worry about. I know that my head (headache) is a lot better for it. Thanks Joy!

Tomorrow is Nevada Day and there is no school. The boys are very excited. Alex has gymnastics from 11:30 - 3:30. I'll probably take Johnathan and Zachary to the park for some of that time. Maybe the Laytons will join us and we can have a picnic lunch or something. That would be fun. It's nice to live in Las Vegas right now because the days are so weather perfect. The mornings are a little chilly but the days warm up to mid 70s most of the time and that is so awesome. I'm watching the news with slow blowing here and rain falling there and I'm counting my Nevada blessings.

Well, if you made it all the way through that update, thanks for listening to all my ramblings. Hopefully I'll post some pictures soon. I'll have to get some pictures of the boys in their costumes. Have a wonderful weekend and an enjoyable Halloween!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Anytime.

Elise said...

Angela,
I really hope your headache gets better. I'm so glad (and envious) that you and Joy have eachother and are so close! I'm so glad the weather is nice for you, we are bundling up every day for our park outing each afternoon. It's still do-able, but won't be much longer. I love getting out into the fresh air though, I don't know what I'll do once it is just too cold for Emily. I love you! Hope preschool is better...soon.