Monday, September 17, 2007

The First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for my boys. Both my boys are growing up so fast. They were all about taking care of themselves this morning when we took them to school. They met old friends and just settled right back into the routine. I am proud of my boys and how grown up they are. Johnathan was very excited to be in Kenneth's class this year. Both boys are excited to start a new year, make new friends, and eat more hot lunch (which they both wanted today) - hopefully they have enough money on their account from last year or they are going to come home pretty hungry. This past weekend has been pretty crazy for me because I have just felt awful. I have been sick since last Thursday. Whatever this bug is....it's nasty. I have been laying on my bed now for three days. A big thank you must go out to Darrel for being such an awesome dad. He just took over and was such a good man to let me be sick without other responsibilities. He even took the kids up the mountain on Saturday and they had a great time. I sent Darrel with the other camera so I'll have to download the pictures to share. Sorry I haven't been blogging lately but I've been pretty checked out. I feel so much better today - I am so glad. I am not 100 percent, but I can function so I am coping. See ya soon!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melissa said...

So sorry you haven't been feeling well. That's a long time to be sick. :( I still can't believe how grown up your boys are. I had to stop and count the years since we were at BYU just to have it make sense that they are that big now! It's been 7 amost 8 years now, right? Wow...that's a long time. Plenty of time for kids to grow up quite a bit. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Elise said...

Your boys are more young men than boys I think! I can't wait to give them hugs and get to 'hang out' with them! Hope you feel better soon!

Erin said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! It's okay to be checked out every once in a while... it's just not fun to be the mom & get sick too. Moms aren't supposed to get sick! At least you've got Darrel to step in...what a good guy!