Saturday, September 29, 2007

Alex's first soccer game of the season

Alex had his first soccer game of the season (so did Johnathan, see post below). He did a great job for his team. His coach is very impressed with his abilities. Whenever they needed someone to kick it down the field they would tell Alex to do it. They had one penalty kick in the game and they told Alex to take it. At the end of the game it was down to sudden death and the coach gave Alex the responsibility to play goalie. Alex was very busy during his game and he did a great job. His team ended up winning (so did Johnathan's team). This first picture show Alex trying to kick a ball that went over his head.

This is the penalty kick that Alex did (he kicked it just over the goal)
Here he is stopping one of the kicks during the sudden death part of the game.
This ball that he tried to stop went over the goal but he tried to stop it anyway.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Angela,
This is Julie, Joy's friend from Austin. I just wanted to let you know that I've been a lurker on your site. I got the link from Joy's site and have enjoyed seeing all the beautiful pictures you post of your wonderful family.

Thanks for the heads up on the website for different backgrounds. I went on there today and found a really neat fall background. My site is
thebuckleyfamily1.blogspot.com/

I'm so glad Joy lives near one of her sisters. I wish I could do the same (that is, live near one of my sisters, although living near Joy would also be awesome!)

Take care,
Julie

Angela said...

Thanks for posting...it's nice to know you read my blog - I will look up your family and be a lurker on your site now...and it is way fun to live next to my sister :0)