Friday, February 01, 2008

The haircut

Yesterday I decided that my boys needed a trim and Zachary needed a full blown haircut. It was late in the afternoon and Zachary had not napped. He was very upset about getting a haircut, he usually is. He is not so fond of haircuts. Just about two minutes into the haircut this child of mine fell fast asleep. I wrapped a towel around his neck for support (like a pillow) and tried to keep cutting. It was soon abundently clear that if I didn't do something else Zachary was going to fall off the chair. I called Johnathan over to help me. He was not so gentle with Zach's head. He was holding him under his chin and letting his body fall forward. It was not the most ideal situation but I had to finish cutting Zachary's hair. I want you to know that I only picked up my camera after I had finished the cutting with scissors and was about to turn on the clippers. You can tell by Johnathan's expression (and the fact that he's holding his aching arm muscle) that he was tired by this time and wanted to be done and the official holder of the head. When I did turn on the clippers Zachary woke up, not so happy, but we were able to finish the haircut and get him into the bath. I just got a kick out of the fact that he fell asleep during his haircut.


5 comments:

Elise said...

holy cow. That is one sound sleeper. I don't think Emily would ever do that - ever. Such a cool scrap-book page, huh?

Melissa said...

That's hilarious!

Kim said...

Oh, that cracks me up!!!So funny!

Jerolyn said...

Ok I just laughed out loud (lol as they say) at that picture. FUNNY. I love it! What a good sport to hold the head. Ask Sarah... heads are heavy!!!

Anjeanette said...

That's so funny. You know if kids would just relax everytime they get a haircut, they would soon find out they can be very relaxing. I love getting my hair done.