Sunday, February 03, 2008

Indoor Soccer

Darrel, Steve, and Joy play on an indoor soccer team. I do not play because other than being overweight and out of shape, I have a deep seeded fear of people running at me (fast) for any reason. Someday I'll have to tell you about my eighth grade basketball experience. Anway, I am very proud to go and be a cheering spectator to the games (such as Friday's game). It was awesome - they stomped the competition and I got some pretty cool shots. I really like the first one because it has my brother, Ben's reflection in the plexiglass watching Darrel and Joy. My parents were also able to watch this game. We've had a great time having them in town. They came on Friday afternoon and they are leaving tomorrow after church. We had two basketball games today, went ice-skating, my dad went golfing, and the adults were able to go to a nice dinner at Outback tonight. It's been a very fun day. Enjoy the soccer pictures...



This is Steve, by the way...it was a very nice kick towards the goal.

3 comments:

Jerolyn said...

~I have a deep seeded fear of people running at me (fast) for any reason.

OK I apologize, but I admit I laughed right out loud when I read this line! Good to know, Good to know! When approaching Angela pace yourself with slow short baby steps! haha

Erin said...

I laughed at that too. You don't include dogs in that fear??? That's scarier to me than PEOPLE charging me~and you're living with 2 dogs!

That's a great action shot of Steve. AND, I totally understand being a better cheerleader than player. No charging people, no trips, no falls, no injuries, it's all good!

Melissa said...

I loved that comment too! You are so funny Angela! I would love to hear your 8th grade b-ball story. It sounds like it had quite the impact! I have to admit I think Joy is totally brave/cool for playing indoor soccer with guys. I used to play basketball with guys until I ran "(fast)" square into the sweaty chest of one of our 200+ pound wrester-type friends. That made a lasting impression for sure! I stick to women's ball now! :)