Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A shout out to my sister

OK - I know that I am way overdue for an update but I just have to give a shout-out to my sister, Joy. We moved here about a year and a half ago to be next to Joy and Steve and their family. We have loved every minute that we've been here next to them. Steve was able to receive his master's degree a little while ago and due to some difficult circumstances at work has decided to take a job in Seattle, Washington. Joy has been my lifeline in times of stress and adjustment. She is my built in map, the person who bails me out of a jam, who loves my kids like I do and helps me tremendously on a daily basis. I am going to miss her SO MUCH! She and I have become even closer in the time that we've had to spend together. I respect her and love her with all of my heart. Thanks for the memories, Joy, it wouldn't have been the same without you. I wish you only the best in Seattle. A piece of my heart will be with you always and forever.


5 comments:

Elise said...

ugh. you made me cry. it will be a tough adjustment. I love you both!

Jerolyn said...

I love this post! I don't have a sister so I can only try to imagine the experience you two have had and how much you will miss each other! Best of luck JOY!

Erin said...

Okay, I know just this little post was hard for you to get through. You've got me teared up over here too. And for real, girl, I will be your built-in map, I will bail you out, and I already LOVE your kids. I mean, I'm no JOY for sure, but I'm here for you!!!

Anjeanette said...

I feel for you. I know what it's like when someone that close moves away......:( I am sorry you have to deal with that. Good thing you can at least always talk to her.

Shauna said...

Your post totally summed up my feelings about having Joy live next door to me in Texas. How does she DO that? She has this amazing capacity to love and embrace everyone. (sigh) I feel your pain. Good luck, and I'll see you soon!