Tuesday, July 03, 2007

the afternoon after family pictures

After family pictures last weekend we went to the park to enjoy each other's company and eat a little pizza and fried chicken. These are just some random pictures I took at the picnic lunch. I know it's a lame post but at least it's a new post. I will take some more pictures of our adventures today and post them a little later.

One of our adventures this morning was trying to hunt down Alex's choir shirt. Darrel and I both looked for over 30 minutes for that shirt...we looked everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. We looked in every closet, in every suitcase, bag, dirty clothes stack, basket, under every bed, etc. We have no idea where that shirt is...I finally sent Darrel to school with Alex and he bought a shirt from the choir teacher (her last one) that is too small for him but at least it's a shirt and it means he can perform with his class. Whew - that is stressful. You want to teach your children responsibility but at the same time, they only perform twice a year and I would probably have a hard time keeping track of the shirt also. On top of that we quit gymnastics last night. It was very emotional for both Alex and myself. I feel like he thinks gymnastics is a part of who he is and to stop that and go do something else is a little scary. He'll be fine and I've already signed him up for 4 Saturdays of Golf and Tennis. In the fall he'll do soccer and then basketball and then probably baseball. We'll see what he enjoys the most and we'll try to make that sport work for him. Gymnastics was just taxing our budget a little (make that a lot) too much. I want to be able to support my children in the sport they choose but when that sport is going to cost upwards of $6500 a year it gets a little steep. Anyway, thanks for reading my little rant. I have to go get ready for the choir concert now.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Elise said...

Ang. I love the pics. sorry Alex won't be doing gymnastics anymore...but he will find joy in other sports teams. What a little man. I love seeing your blog. I hpoe you are well. Love you.