Wednesday, May 09, 2007

May 9, 2007


I just had to show this little angel again to commemorate his blessing weekend. This picture was taken when he was just two days old. David's hand is to the left and Jackie's hand is to the right. You have to admire the cute way he can spread his little toes. Apparently his mother has this same gift. It was so much fun to go and see him (and his parents) this past weekend. It was a nice weekend in Utah and I am already missing some of that cold weather. The temp today was 95 degrees. It's just getting too hot too fast for me. Oh well, I'll just imagine the cool and try to dream my way through these hot days.
Tomorrow we are painting pots for Mother's Day. I'm sure the kids will do great. I just have to share this little story that broke my heart today. I went to "Mother's Tea" at the school today with Johnathan's class. All the children did a little play and sang a couple of songs. They had made all the moms corsages to wear from plastic leaves and recess candies. They were very cute. Anyway, the program got over and all the children were supposed to find their mothers and take them to get a treat in the back of the gym. Everyone had a mother except one little boy and one little girl. The little boy didn't seem very concerned although it probably bothered him a lot. The little girl however just broke down sobbing. I could hardly stop myself from crying and even now when I tell you this story I have tears in my eyes. I will never forget her little face looking around for her mama and not seeing her there. I felt so bad for her. She was such a cute little girl and she was wearing this very pretty pink, frilly dress. Her little dark face was anxiously scanning the crowd and when her mom didn't show she just lost it. Her little heart was just broken. I will never forget how sad she was. I really hope that her mom had a good reason for not being able to be there. I'm sure she probably did....but at what price.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Angela, you can feel better knowing that Utah was 94 degrees today, so it's not much better than Vegas. Bleh! What happened to spring? Love the pictures you took of Jaxon.