Monday, May 07, 2007

May 7, 2007

I was going to post pictures from this weekend but I can't get them off the card. Darrel thinks that it is a problem with my cord or my camera but not the computer. He says that he'll look at is when he comes home. I am just not very knowledgeable when it comes to this kind of stuff. I am fairly computer literate but not when it comes to cords and cards etc. Oh well, it's a good thing that I married someone who is knowledgeable in that respect.

This last weekend was fun. We went from really warm weather in Las Vegas to really cold weather in Utah and we just weren't prepared. It rained and even snowed in some places this weekend. We all still had a great time though. My boys had a chance to swim in Grammie and Grandaddy's hot tub and Alex and Johnathan went golfing with Ben and Darrel. Joy, Amanda, and I went shopping for Danny's birthday and then picked up a Mother's Day gift for my mom.

We also spent some time cleaning my mom's basement. It was a mess, but it's clean now. I was glad that we were able to help her. It would have been a very daunting task for one or even two people. Our family and Joy's family both helped and with mom and Ben we were able to bang it out in just under an hour and a half. The end result was very impressive and mom was extremely happy.

Today Johnathan's baseball team is playing Kenneth's baseball team. It should be a very fun game and one that we have looked forward to for the entire season. I will take lots of pictures, and hopefully with help from my dear husband I will be able to post them quickly.

Joy took time away from her busy day today (and on a day that it was my responsibility to watch her kids) to help me secure some tickets to the Scintas show on Thursday. I am going with a friend of ours and I am looking forward to the evening. The Scintas have been playing Vegas for some years now and the show is going dark after this weekend so it will be a good opportunity to see some Vegas legends before they are gone. I appreciated Joy's willingness to help me out...thanks Joy! I'll owe her some work time later this week.

Tomorrow we're talking about picnics and the beach in preschool. We're going to make a beach book and a beach visor. We are also going to have a picnic snack time. It should be fun. Preschool is almost over for me. I am having preschool graduation on the 31st of this month. This is bittersweet for me. It will be nice to have my mornings back and not have to clean every day, however, I will really miss the kids. I have grown to love them through the year and it will be hard for me not to see them every Tuesday and Thursday. We have a good time together and it's hard to give that up.

Well, now that I've rambled on and on I guess it's time for me to go plug back into my children's lives. Whoever is reading this, thanks for reading all the way through to the end. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: