Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Now to the vacation

After Legoland and before we journeyed to our family reunion in Paso Robles, CA, Joy and I called our cousin who lives in CA and met her at Huntington Beach. My boys had a blast. No matter that the sky was overcast and the wind made it down right chilly on the beach. They thought they had died and gone to heaven. My boys are IN LOVE with the ocean. I happen to love it too but for a different reason. I love the peacefulness that you have laying on the beach, I love watching the waves roll in one after another, and I love watching how happy the beach makes my boys. This was still the part of the vacation that we didn't have Alex or Darrel with us. They were still at Scout Camp in San Diego. This beach day was the morning of the day we traveled north for the reunion. Darrel and Alex ended up joining us later that night at our motel in ButtonWillow, CA., way later....like 1am. They had spent a whole day at scout camp and then attempted to drive 6 hours north without dying. I'm glad we got a motel that they could stop and sleep at before making the rest of the trek to the reunion. We got up early the next morning, ate breakfast, said goodbye to the Layton family and headed another hour and a half to the reunion where they were just getting ready to play mud football. (that would be tomorrow's post...stay tuned)




4 comments:

Jerolyn said...

I love that you can see Zack sticking his tongue out in that
2nd photo, and how the water is splashing up! SOOO cute!

Anjeanette said...

Cute pictures. I love the black and white. We love the beach too.

Erin said...

La-huv the pictures...It helps, though, that you've got such cute subjects for all the pictures you took! Very cute.

Kim said...

Love the picts!