Thursday, July 17, 2008

From Wimp to Warrior

Joy said I had to update my blog because in yesterday's post I told you all that Zach was a WIMP. Well, today he went from wimp to warrior. He was a champ today. We made great strides. He tried so many rides today it was so awesome. Once he tried them he wanted to ride them again and again. We would get off a ride and Zach wanted to go right back on. What a change a day makes. Holy Cow - we had such a fun day today and it was such a joy watching his happy face discovering new things and having fun. Take for example this first picture. Yesterday the kid wouldn't even get on the ride, today he rides it with no hands. I tell ya what...the joys of motherhood...this is some of the fun stuff. The best ride he did was the dragon roller coaster. That was fast and furious and even though he was nervous when he got off he just wanted to go again. It was so great!

This next picture is at the pirate water area. My camera got wet about ten seconds after I took this picture. It was a very dangerous spot to be taking pictures. We won't make that mistake again. The kids loved shooting us with water, though.
I couldn't just have a post about Zach, though. This picture is of Daniel getting ready to be a dancer in one of the shows. He was absolutely hilarious...we're trying to post a video on you tube so we can link it here....it's SO funny. Anyway, he loved being a dancer and out-shined and out-danced every kid on that stage.
Kenneth and Johnathan got to program robots in mindstorms. They programmed the robots to do sports. The mission to mars thing is better but this was still fun for the boys and they enjoyed some time doing their own thing.

Another fun day at Legoland and we're off for some more fun. Tomorrow we're going to the beach and then on to my sister in laws for our family reunion. It ought to be a kickin fun weekend, and then back home to the hot. Enjoy all of your weekends...I'll try to post again if I can.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jerolyn said...

I am so glad you are posting from afar!!! Looks like you and the kiddos are having a great time...pass on a hug to Joy for me if you would and one for yourself of course!!!

Shauna said...

That dragon roller coaster is where Spencer got his front tooth knocked out. (well, his other front tooth. The first front tooth got knocked out on our wood floor in Texas. The kid has been front tooth-less since he was 2!) :) Ahh, the memories! I love the pictures. It's fun to remember all the rides. I'm glad that you and Joy get to do that together. Fun!

Anjeanette said...

Look like fun. Someday we would love to go. Such cute pictures of your kids. You look like you're a blonde.....did you lighten it, or is it just the picture? (recent post)

Erin said...

It's such a happy thing as a mom to see your kids try something they're terrified of and then LOVE it. I'm so glad you guys got away, and so glad you're back too!