Monday, March 09, 2009

We had a FABULOUS weekend with the Armstrong family. Such good friends we have. We love having company here in sunny Las Vegas and it was a pretty beautiful weekend to host people who are tired of winter :) On Friday night we went out to dinner as couples and then Saturday Darrel and Brian had a good time looking at fancy cars in the morning then met the rest of us at Alex's soccer game. Following the soccer game the dads took the kids to SkyMania and the moms went shopping. Saturday night Brenda and I were able to go to dinner and a movie and Darrel and Brian took Alex and Alyssa to the Blue Man Group. They had a great time. Sunday was Stake Conference and then both families took a ride to the Hoover Dam. Alex and I were very nervous the entire time (neither one of us is very excited about heights) but we had a good time. They left this morning and so I guess it's back to real life for me. A big thanks to the Armstrong family for such a fun weekend.

























































5 comments:

Joy said...

Such FUN!!!

Erin said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun weekend!!! I guess it's only fair that those of us who get you to ourselves all the time have to share you sometimes with people from your 'former life.' Seems like I haven't seen you for a while, even though it's only been 3 days!

Amanda said...

So that's what you were doing when I called you! Fun weekend.

Elise said...

I'm glad Darrel got to see the Blue Man Group. I hope they liked it. Glad you had a good weekend. It's always fun to have friends visit!! Do you want to come spend a long weekend here?? :) Estes Park isn't far...:)

The Dell Family said...

I have been trying to get down to sky mania since I moved here 2 1/2 years ago. Looking at your fun pictures makes me want to make my dream a reality. Thanks for sharing.
oh we might be doing the Hoover trip here pretty soon. Jon's dad constructs the foundations for dams all over the world and he just might be up for going on one of those "dam" tours. I had to throw that in there!!! heehee :)