Sunday, August 03, 2008

The fun continued...

During the reunion we went to the beach. We had such a great time. We all love the beach. While we were there my sister-in-law, Augusta and her husband, Jeff made the most killer sand castle. (see picture below) They had a lot of help but they were the master builders and really guided the others with the design. Anyway, here are some of the favorite pictures from the trip to the beach.


This first picture is of my brother-in-law, Floyd's sailboat...isn't it a beauty??!!
This is the picture of the most awesome sand castle. The detail is so incredible and they did it all with a couple of plastic cups and a plastic knife. Martin (Darrel's brother) made the lobster on the front. Augusta is responsible for most of the cool stairways and Jeff (her husband) worked mainly on the left side with the cool windows, arches, etc. This was so cool that other people on the beach were coming over and taking pictures of it while they were creating.

Alex is playing with James in this picture. He is growing up so fast and is so good about playing with the younger kids. He is such a good kid.
This is just a picture of a seagull that I took that I thought was cool. I was walking along the beach back to where we were sitting and a spotted this seagull flying really close to the surf so I picked up my camera and snapped a quick picture. It wasn't until I got home and looked at them more closely that saw what a cool picture it turned out to be. I would have like it to be more tack sharp - but what can you do?


This is Johnathan hanging out in the surf. I swear this kid could have been born in the ocean. He just loves the water and loves boogie boarding. He is such a fun kid and it was so fun to see him so happy.

OK - this is just a picture of a cool boat. We're not related to it or anything...I just thought it was cool.

Zachary also just adores the water. We had to call him back from the surf multiple times because he got to far in and doesn't understand the dangers of the ocean. He thinks he is water safe but he really is not. He had such a blast running from the waves, helping to build the sand castle, and playing with all his cousins.

And that was our fun day on the beach. I took SO many pictures but it's late so I just picked a few to share. The reunion was AWESOME and I'm so glad I married into such a cool family.

6 comments:

Jerolyn said...

K' that sand castle is way COOL!~ and you gotta love the boys playing in the sand...all of em'

Anjeanette said...

Such fun pictures. Love the sand castle....that's amazing.

Joy said...

LOVE all the photos! Your boys look so happy - the beach is the place to be.

Anonymous said...

What a fun reunion.. Love the sand castle. That is amazing. Great pictures.

Carolyn and Mark said...

Hey I am glad you found me and you can check me out anytime. Your blog is so cute! I love the sand castle that is amazing!! You also take really good pictures, that is so neat.

barlows said...

Holy. crap. er, I mean castle! That was cool, and I love how all your family photos have SUCH a professional feeling.