Thursday, August 14, 2008

more and more fun

OK - so I told you about Monday and now you're going to get an abbrevbiated version of Tuesday, Wednesday, and today. Tuesday was spent golfing with the older grandchildren (8 and up) and then off to Thanksgiving Point. We went to the gardens and saw the largest man-made waterfall in the Western Hemisphere. It was really cool looking and I'll have to share the cute picture I took of my boys in front of it. Then we came home to more swimming. Wednesday was up early and off to BYU where we went to the Bookstore, to see Grandaddy in his office, and to lunch at the Cougar-Eat. Afterwards we hurried to my aunt's house for a baby shower for my cousin. She is having a girl after three boys and so we got her some frilly stuff to celebrate. Joy and my sister in law Jackie also made some awesome bows to match all the fun outfits. The grandkids all got to swim in Aunt Kathy's pool (way fun) and then we came back to Grammie and Grandaddy's house to swim some more. My kids are LOVING having such easy access to a pool all the time. Which brings us to today. This morning we slept in a little, made hand print aprons for Grammie and Grandaddy and a shirt for Ben and then headed off to This is the Place Park. My boys absolutely LOVED Heritage Park (with This is the Place monument). Oh my goodness, I think Alex would have been fine to have been left there. He said if we lived here he would volunteer there - he just loved doing everything. Johnathan and Zachary loved it too but Alex couldn't get enough. When we left there, we surprised our friend, Heidi, at her work (the physics dept. of the University of Utah). Then we came home for hamburgers, hot dogs, and more swimming. Tonight we are again watching the olympics. We have watched so much Olympic coverage - we have been able to see all the highlights so far - SO fun!! Enjoy the pictures!!















2 comments:

Jerolyn said...

Beautiful photos Ang, I wish the flower photos were scratch and sniff!

Anonymous said...

Beautiflu pictures. I love the flowers and the nature pictures you took. Great!! Looks like your having a great time.. and so are your kids.