Tuesday, June 24, 2008

OK it's been a week

...since my last post. I am falling behind. I don't have a whole lot to report. I'm currently in the process of downloading all my pictures off of this laptop so I can free up some space on my D drive. Also, the summer camps are in full swing, tonight I have pack meeting - which means I have to go to the scout office some time today. I was going to go earlier but I decided to wait until Alex and Johnathan get home so I don't have to take Zach with me. He does not like to leave the house and I can't blame him, and when he doesn't want to come he certainly has the ability to make my errand running a nightmare.

Anyway, not much to talk about here. We got to swim this past weekend at a friend's pool (thanks Jen) and it made the heat almost bearable. At the end of the day I thought I had lost my ring in the pool so we had everyone looking, someone diving, and Matt even threw his ring into the pool so we could see if we could see it. I really appreciated all their efforts but didn't find my ring until we left. Silly me, I had it in my POCKET!! Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm telling you, I felt like a complete idiot. I never take my ring off, but I was lathering sunscreen on a bunch of kids and I guess I decided to slip it off then. A few hours later I, of course, had no recollection of this so I had everyone looking for my ring, which was all the time safe in my pocket.

Yesterday I got to go out to lunch with some friends (thanks Sarah for having a birthday and Erin for the invite). We went and chatted and ate at a local restaurant for a few hours. I left Zach with a babysitter (thanks Sam) and had a GREAT time. We should do that more often. I had my camera in my purse but didn't really even think to pull it out and snap a picture.

Sorry, I have to run, but hopefully I'll get some new pictures up soon.

7 comments:

Jerolyn said...

a few hours??? WHOA what did I miss?

Angela said...

don't worry...the majority of the laughing was done while you were there.

Joy said...

I can't wait to see you!!!

Kim said...

The ring thing cracks me up!!! How hot is it there anyway! You may be burning some brain cells!

Angela said...

It is FOR SURE hot here...our temperatures are over 100 every day.

Marcie said...

I often put things in places and then have no recollection where I put them later, so don't think it's only you- it's a mom thing!

Anonymous said...

i have had those moments.. I am glad you didn't loose it. That is scary!! can't wait for more updates and pics.. It is way... hot here, try wearing a boot on your foot that weighs a ton and very sweaty.. ewww!