Monday, June 30, 2008

His Independence

Johnathan stayed home from school today with an upset stomach. He's thrown up three times now. He is supposed to start swimming lessons today, but will have to wait until tomorrow to start. He is very sad and I feel bad for him. His stomach hurts him a lot right around the belly button area. I was bringing Alex home from school and talking to Darrel on the phone discussing the possiblity of Johnathan having something wrong with his appendix. Johnathan beeped into my call and so I hung up with Darrel and was talking to Johnathan asking him where it hurt. I was asking him if it hurt in the middle or on one side or the other when Alex pipes in from next to me, "ya mom, because if it's on that one side, it's probably his independence."

6 comments:

Elise said...

Made me laugh out loud. I love it. Hope Johnathan starts feeling much better very soon. Poor guy.

Jerolyn said...

Oh man I hope it's NOT his Independence!! Funny how kids substitute words huh?! Hope Johnathan feels better soon!

Anjeanette said...

That's a bummer he had to miss swim lessons. Hope he feels better. Did you figure out what was wrong with him? Darn independence!

Kim said...

Oh so funny...but so sad. Hope he feels better soon!

Angela said...

He feels fine today -it was just a stomach virus, so glad it wasn't his independence.

Anonymous said...

I love it.. I hope Johnathan is feeling better. Made me laugh!! I needed that right now.