Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Thanksgiving Family Picture Day!

We had a big day today. We took family pictures and had Thanksgiving. I was good, I stayed patient and I think that all my children still love me. We took family pictures because we need to get our Holiday cards in the mail soon and we did Thanksgiving because Darrel and I are going to be traveling to Orlando on Thanksgiving day to leave on a cruise with my family the following day. We are very excited for the cruise and are very appreciative of Della and Rusty who are going to watch our children for us on Thanksgiving Day and the following weekend.

We had a great pre-Thanksgiving. Joy and Steve cooked the bulk of the food including the turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, rolls, and pumpkin pie. Darrel cooked us an apple pie and I managed to purree the potatos (not on purpose). We also had pecan pie (store bought), ice cream and olives. We had a feast. I ate way too much but it was sooooo good. Joy said that lunch and dinner for the next three days are at her house. It will be nice not to have to cook for a few days.

Pictures went well, my boys were great with the exception of Zachary who was a pill for the first part but got better by the end. I was going to have everyone take off their shoes so we could have a t-shirt, jeans and bare feet picture, but the pavement was way cold and I was having a hard time convincing the boys so we left our shoes on and stayed warm. Joy took a lot of amazing pictures for us with my camera. I have lots of pictures to put on my wall now and to update all the families. I came home from pictures and e-mailed my selections to Sam's Club. I get to pick them up in a few days. I am so excited.

We had kind of a big day on Saturday too. We went to Kenneth's (my nephew) soccer game and then to watch some of the air show at Nellis Air Force Base. We then went to Gymcats to watch a demonstration by Johnathan's karate teacher and class. He did a great job and we were very proud of him. It was fun to see and he even got a medal! He was very happy.

Our family is so blessed and we appreciate all the blessings that we have been blessed with. Darrel and I have been married over 11 years now and I am ever so grateful for him and the beautiful boys that have come to our family. I'm living a dream and loving every minute.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: