Tuesday, October 16, 2007

another day

Elise left this morning. She called while I was laying down with Zachary this afternoon to say that she had gotten home alright. We will miss her and her two adorable children but I'm glad that she came to stay and spent some time with us. I was also glad to hear that she had a safe return back home. Traveling is never fun but traveling with two small children by yourself is an adventure all its own.

The boys are doing homework while I type - well kind of. I was sitting at the table right next to them and they seemed to be doing alright so I moved down to the computer and now I've had to tell Johnathan twice to sit down on his chair and keep going and Alex is currently in the bathroom. Keeping these boys focused is a never ending task. Can I just say that after school homework time is one of my least favorite times of the entire day!!

This afternoon we have soccer practice for Johnathan at the park. We are hopefully going to leave in about 45 minutes but we'll see. I have proofs of the soccer pictures I took of the boys last week. I hope they look alright. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the parents are happy with my work. I currently have one family scheduled and three other families that have talked to me about taking their family picture. I hope I can live up to expectations. I do truly love taking pictures. It is one of my passions.

Well, I guess I better go. I have to crack the whip again with the homework thing. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I totally hear ya on the cracking the whip thing...homework is such torture most days! I'm glad you got to lay down with Zach today--you deserve it!

Melissa said...

It's so funny having been on the other end of the homework torture as a teacher. I feel so bad for all the miserable parents out there now that I've been away from teaching for a couple years. At the time I was thinking, "Try getting your child to focus all day!" :)