Monday, April 16, 2007

Preparing to leave

I am getting ready to leave for Idaho. I'm nervous, I'm excited, and I'm worried for Joy. I just cannot express to her how much she means to me. I love her so much. I love her strength and her "go to" attitude. She is watching my children this week while I am gone. She is such an angel. She acts like it's no big deal even though I know it is. She will have Zachary from Tuesday morning until Friday night, every day until Darrel gets home from work. She'll have both my other boys from the time school is out until Darrel gets home. And then my sweet husband will be both the mom and the dad every night and throughout the weekend. I won't be home until Sunday night. I have such a wonderful and supportive family. I am so excited to go back up to Idaho and see so many of the friends I left behind. I will be attending the Idaho PTA State Convention. I know most people will roll their eyes, but I can't wait. I am so excited to see my friends and I get to spend the time with my mom also. She is meeting me up there and we are going to have a long, and fun week/weekend together. I don't even know the proper way to thank Joy and Darrel for letting me have this time. I feel so blessed and so loved. Joy - thank you, you're an angel in my life and I thank Heavenly Father every day for the opportunity we are having to live close and to share so much. You mean the world to me and I love you.

I hope to come back with lots of fun pictures to share. I need to find my smaller camera so I don't have to haul around my big, bulky one. I guess I better go get ready to go. I won't be posting until I get back so...I'll catch you on the flip side.

3 comments:

Elise said...

Have LOTS of fun! Can't wait to see all the pictures!

Shauna said...

Angela, I feel exactly the same way about Joy. She is an angel. She has an incredible capacity to serve. I don't know how she does it. But I'm grateful that she is who she is. Have fun in Idaho.

Joy said...

I wouldn't deny you this opportunity for anything. We'll have a great week! Thanks for all the goodies you bought - that will help a lot! Enjoy every minute and don't worry about a thing...we'll all be just fine. You and Shauna overestimate me...I'm not doing anything you wouldn't do for me....haven't done for me, that is. So - thanks for letting me give back and have a great trip!