Monday, March 05, 2007

Monday Morning

Well, another week beginning. Nothing much out of the ordinary going on this week. Today I am watching Joy's kiddos so she can work and preparing for preschool tomorrow. We spent the weekend cleaning the house and getting it ready to sell. Yes, we're putting out house on the market in an attempt to pay off some of our debts. We can rent around here so much cheaper than we can own this house that it's silly not to make the move. We talked to our boys about it last night and they were fine with it. I don't think that they are going to like having to keep the house clean, however, we'll all chip in to get it done.

Also today it would be really nice to finally get all the way unpacked from our trip to Missy's house. That is one of my worst faults. I need to learn how to get things done in a more timely manner. Procrastination is going to get me in the end. I'll have to work on that...later. :0)

Zachary has already asked if he could go to Daniel's house this morning. I told him that Daniel was coming to our house and that he could go to Daniel's house tomorrow morning. That seemed to pacify him, although he still wants to go to Daniel's house (which actually makes me very happy). He is such a mama's boy that it's nice to find out he can exist in a world where I am not there 24/7. Zachary is going to turn 3 in 5 days and I can't believe it. I can't believe he is three already. Time is just racing by. We're trying to potty train him but he's decided to be stubborn and he refuses to use the potty. We even bribed him with Chuck E Cheese but his still won't go poop on the potty. It looks like it will be awhile until we see the inside of Chuck E Cheese again (sorry Joy). He has a stubborn streak a mile wide. I asked him to put away some toys yesterday and he said "no". I told him to pick them up or sit in time out. He said "time out" and he sat down. I couldn't believe it. So, he sat in time out and I still made him pick up the toys. He did not think that was very fair. Sometimes he can take me to the end of my rope. He does know how to flash that smile, though, and for him most of the time that's a good thing.

Oh well, enough about us today. It's time to get on with it. I'm just postponing the inevitable. Wish me luck!

No comments: