Wednesday, December 06, 2006

updating the blog

Today Joy (my sister) is having a cyst removed from her gums and a skin graft to patch up what is left of her gums. All I can say is, good luck Joy, we're praying for you, and I'm so glad it's not me. I cringe everytime I think about how much pain she is going to be in. They are taking the skin for the graft from the roof of her mouth. They told her that it was going to feel like a pizza burn for about 6 weeks. I don't envy her recovery time.

In other news my mom is coming today to help out for a few days and that will be fun. The boys and I are looking forward to seeing her and getting in some good visiting time. Today I have all of Joy's kids and my kids so I'll have to try and keep the house reasonably clean because I have preschool tomorrow and I don't want to be cleaning all night to get ready.

I finished my Christmas letter and printed it out now I just need to address the envelopes and get them in the mail. I was hoping to get these out before December but no such luck. Hopefully by the end of the weekend they will all be in the mail.

Darrel's birthday is tomorrow. He is going to be 34. Mom is staying until Friday morning so Darrel and I can go out and enjoy his birthday. I am looking forward to some quality time with my sweet husband. He is such a good man and I love him so much. I was so lucky to have met him when I did. I'm so glad that he chose me to be his eternal companion. I couldn't have asked for a better, sweeter companion than Darrel. And I guess it's just a bonus that he is the all time world's best dad. Happy Birthday tomorrow honey! I hope it's a great one for you!

Well, wish my luck with a house full of kiddos today. I'd rather be me than Joy, though, so I'll take the house full of kiddos over the painful mouth surgery any day. Good luck Joy!

1 comment:

Elise said...

Good luck to both you and Joy! I love you both and will be thinking of you! I haven't called in a while, because things are crazy here. Lots of errands and YW meetings...busy, busy, busy. Good luck! Love you!