Monday, December 11, 2006

hello

I'm back - sorry it's so long between posts. Today I am making cookies that I've never made before so we'll see how they turn out. They are the cookies with Hershey kisses in the middle of them. I always thought that you were supposed to put the Hershey kiss in after but apparently that is not the case. The recipe also told me to put a little dough around the Hershey kiss...I wasn't sure if that meant just a little around or all the way around. I know, I am cooking challenged, but I put it both ways and now I'm cooking the first batch. We'll just see which way was right when they come out.

Alex and Johnathan are at school right now playing golf. They are actually in a class about how to play golf but I am assuming that they will also play (at least putt) a little today. This is the last week of off-track extra curricular classes. I am looking forward to having them home full time next week to really gear up for Christmas.

I've done most of my Christmas shopping. I actually bought Darrel something that is going to be a complete surprise (I hope). I'm looking forward to Christmas. It's going to be so fun! We are going down to Darrel's family in Arizona (here's hoping for a little snow). Oh and by the way, they live in the mountains, in case you thought my last comment was completely insane. Anyway, we have cool gifts for the boys that I think they're going to love so it will be fun to see their faces Christmas morning.

Tomorrow I am having a "sibling day" in preschool. I'm anticipating at least 6 extra kids along with my seven. It's going to be fun. I'm putting the preschooler in charge of their older sibling and they will tell them the schedule and the rules. They will tell them what to play and how to help them with the craft. I think we'll just have a great day.

OK - I just pulled the first batch out of the oven. Just so you know, I was not supposed to completely surround the Hershey kiss with cookie batter although the effect is quite interesting. I'm just supposed to gently push the Hershey Kiss into the cookie dough. Hopefully the next batch will turn out a little better. If not, these cookies will be for family only or really, really good friends.

With Joy's help I got most of my Christmas cards ready to mail. I hope to get the rest done by tonight so I can put them in the mail tomorrow. It will be good to get that done. That will be one less thing to get done before Christmas.

Well - after the Hershey Kiss cookies I'm making a batch of gingerbread cookies to decorate tomorrow - wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now

Joy said...

Ang - you've got to put an intelligence test in your blog - I'll show you how, remind me....