Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm a lurker

BEWARE: post below is a modge podge of thoughts...proceed at your own risk

I am a lurker...there I said it. I love to read blogs and see how everyone is doing, but I rarely de-lurk to comment. I'm trying to be better because I know how nice it is to get comments on your posts; I love them myself. However, right now, I am a lurker. What I'm wondering is...are there anonymous meetings for lurkers? :)

I'm also way behind posting on this blog. Johnathan's birthday came and went and I didn't even make mention of it on this blog. Sorry, Johnathan, I really do love you. I took pictures at his party yesterday and will share them soon. Maybe I'll have some time this evening and I'll plug in my camera and dump some pictures. Johnathan is now 10. I can't believe it. I feel like the last ten years have FLOWN by. I blinked and now I have a twelve year old and a ten year old. In March my baby will be five. Where does the time go??? When kids are little and toddling around you feel like time just stands still and you'll never get passed this phase, but when they start school time starts going in warp speed and it won't slow down for anything. I can only hope that as time speeds by we are being good parents and teaching them everything they need to know to be good men.

Today I am singing in church. I like to sing...been doing it since I was four years old, but I still get nervous to sing in church. When I was growing up and our family was touring the U.S. singing at state and county fairs I would never get nervous before a show, even if we were the main act of the fair. But, singing in church has always given me butterflies. Thankfully, I'm not singing a solo...merely singing the alto part of a beautiful song with a lovely lady who is singing soprano. I'm sure it will be fine, but still...nervous, I'm just sayin.

My mom is turning 60 this year. Next month, actually. All she wanted for her birthday was for her family to be together. Well, we can't get everyone, but we did plan a nice girls weekend here in Vegas the weekend after her birthday. I am so excited. All my sisters and sisters-in-law are coming (except my oldest sister, who is miserably sick and pregnant). We are going to have a fun-filled weekend, and probably go see the blue man group at the Venetian. I got a three bedroom condo for two of the nights and we are going to party. What fun!!!

I warned you that this post was going to be modge podge. I didn't really have anything to say, as you can clearly see, I just felt bad that it had been so long since I posted. I promise to post pictures soon - those are always the best part of my posts anyway. My command of the English language and all its nuances are lacking, and so I make up for it with my fabulous photography :) Hey - I'm just glad you guys still read this blog...

10 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Angela,
I'll de-lurk for a moment to let you know that I read your blog and love to see your pictures. I always love to learn more about Joy's sisters!
Take care,
Julie Buckley

Elise said...

It's nice to know you're not dead. I was beginning to wonder! :) I'm glad to know all is well in your world. I love to hear about it - even if you don't think it's noteworthy. Tell your boys I love them so much.

zealygirl said...

I always like to catch up on your life. Thanks for the update.

Anjeanette said...

I check your blog pretty much every day...so yes, I love your posts. Even if you don't have pictures.

So, the girls weekend sounds so fun. Hope you all have a great time....I love your mom.

Hope your singing went well...I am sure it was great.

Carolyn and Mark said...

Totally understand about the lacking on posting thing, I am one of those. Your singing was beautiful on Sunday, you have an amazing voice. You have been pretty busy but sounds like fun stuff so good for you.

Amanda said...

I'm excited about VEGAS!!! Yeah! I am also reading this at work so I should get back.

Mandi Roth said...

I always try to come up with something to post about, but it is hard some weeks. Glad you updated!! Now i know what you've been up to!! Love your posts, but you know we love your pictures!! Keep blogging! :)

Buchanans said...

I never comment either. Also, am a lurker. And also, totally in a blogging funk....it's bugging lately. Although me and blogging are fighting...I still lurk. :)

Love you...and sooooo wish I could have been there to hear you sing in church!

The Dell Family said...

You are so FUNNY! I think there is a little bit of a lurker inside all of us as times :) I totally know how you feel about being on the ball with your updates. I usually am weeks behind or even a month behind at times.

Oh by the way, You sang beautifully in sacrament meeting.

More more by the way, How come you weren't on the dance floor last night Grrr. I looked like an idiot out there. To find out the people who I was dancing with were a group from the singles ward. I felt SO OLD!

jillie said...

the singing part made me think of last time i was at your guy's ward when that lady said, "I open my hymn book and there were two tickets for celine dion, and i was like were did these come from? I didn't buy them." I am making sure that i am there next time see teaches sunday school.... she is very entertaining!