Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Oh, I have been a slacker

I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. I guess I just have to plead busy. It seems like we have just been running this way and that for the last little while. Darrel has laid all the sprinklers in our backyard, he pretty much just needs to bury them now. Our new concrete looks awesome (I think) and we are gearing up to have a very cool backyard.

Amanda came for a visit this past weekend. She was just going to stay for a few days to get Diesel settled but she extended her stay until this coming Saturday - we are all so excited. Right now Joy and Amanda, Kenneth, Johnathan, and Caitlin are all out on the boat for the afternoon. The weather here is in the 70s - they aren't going to get in the water (much to Johnathan's dismay) but they will have a good time just riding around in the boat. Diesel is getting settled in. He is such a sweet dog and even was in our preschool for awhile this morning. All the kids seem okay with him and I'm so glad. He will be a welcome addition to our family and we're glad that we'll get the opportunity to take care of him for this coming year.

The boys had a few days of school this week. Monday was Veteran's Day Observed and today is Staff Development Day at the area schools. Next week is only a three-day week also because of Thanksgiving. We are looking forward to going down to Arizona to be with Darrel's family for Thanksgiving. He will have three siblings plus him and all the families there this Thanksgiving. It's going to be a blast. There is even a rumor floating around that his younger brother, Rollin, is going to fry a turkey. This ought to be fun!!!

Amanda and I are going to watch "The Office" season two (part) and season three (part) tonight. We are both way excited. The Office is a very funny show (I think). It is the epitomy of politically incorrect.

We'll I guess I better get going. I have some pictures to order - some re-orders to do and a house to clean. Thanks for reading! I'll hopefully get some more pictures posted soon.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love the office too...
Hey when you changed your background did you have to re-enter all the side info...Iwant to change my background,but I am afraid I will loose all my blog links, and pictures and have to load them all back in, which would take forever!!!
Also...do you have studio lights? If so what kind and how much...maybe you should just e-mail me!!!

Anjeanette said...

Glad you finally posted. I have been checking everyday. That should be a fun Thanksgiving down with Darrel's family. Your boys are probably really excited. I know how much fun they have down there. Ok- so did I miss something.....what is going on with the new dog thing????? How's Shelby, and why are you taking care of another dog for a year. Anyway, glad you are staying busy. I will be busy, it seems my whole family minus my two youngest sisters will be coming to my house for Thanksgiving. Should be interesting.......I mean GREAT!!

Erin said...

I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving & you travel safe! Try to blog--I'll be trying to check whenever I can! I honestly don't think any normal human-being could NOT like The Office. I can watch that show over & over and laugh out loud even when I'm the only one in the room! Love it!

Angela said...

Anj - My brother Danny is in Iraq and his wife, Amanda, is joining him to work over there. We are watching their dog, Diesel, for a year or two. We are excited! He is such a cool dog.

Angela said...

Good luck with Thanksgiving!