Monday, January 29, 2007

Look at the size of that trophy!!



Alex was in a meet this weekend and did great! He placed in four events and took sixth overall in his age group. It was the best meet for him this season. In the top picture he is posing with the team trophy (3rd place) that they won. The boys all did a great job and it was a very fun meet. I am starting to get to know the parents and so it makes it a lot nicer to go and have someone to sit by and cheer with.
In other weekend news, Joy had her 30th birthday on Friday and so we watched her kids from Friday night to Saturday morning so she and Steve could go to dinner, a show, and then they stayed overnight at the Alladin hotel as a surprise to Joy from Steve. On Saturday morning Kenneth and Johnathan had a basketball game and then Joy and I took off to enjoy a Saturday together shopping. It was so much fun and I was so grateful to Darrel for being so kind to insist I take my time and have fun. I did have fun. Joy had some birthday money from my mom and dad so we hit a bunch of jewelry stores looking for just the right gift. She ended up buying a very nice omega necklace at Crescent Jewelers for $100. It is reversable (yellow and white gold) and I bought a beautiful ring. We went to lunch at Chevy's and we just had a great time. I haven't enjoyed a weekend that much since summer so it was a wonderful break for me.
Today I am watching Joy's kids while she is working. I am also doing laundry and cleaning. I thought I would take a minute to update our blog. I have to get back to that wonderful housework soon and I'm just putting it off as long as possible. I also need to prepare for preschool today but I am pretty much ready.
Talk to ya soon!

1 comment:

Elise said...

I love to hear how you are doing. Thank you for posting the pictures. Alex sure is growing to be quite a young man. I am excited to see you and your boys soon. Take care of yourself. I love you.