Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Zach


OK - I have to say that looking through these pictures to share with you Zach's journey in life so far has made me really, really baby hungry. I was watching little videos of him learning to crawl and learning to walk and it about made me cry. Where did my baby boy go? He was such a cute little baby. I love babies. I don't always love the time and effort they take but when they're your own it's not so bad. I never thought he would be my last. I still don't know, but that's not up to me at this point. I miss my baby Zach. He is such a fun kid now, though. He and I get to spend a lot of time together because he is my straggler and as the boys are at school we get a lot of quality time together. He makes me laugh and he makes me a better mom. Yesterday we celebrated his fourth birthday. I can't believe my baby is four years old. We went to Chuck -E - Cheese and he got to play all the games he wanted. We also went over to Erin's house afterwards to play in her bounce house (thanks Erin). I had Joy's kids in the morning so she could get ready to leave. She picked her kids up from Erin's house and left. Her driving away left a big, huge hole in my heart. I can't believe she is really gone. I did try and hold it together yesterday as best I could for Zachary's sake. I didn't want his birthday to be one of sadness. He has already asked for Daniel a bunch today and yesterday. It's going to take some getting used to on all our parts. We wish them all the best in their new journey in life. We will miss them a ton.

Anyway - Zach's birthday turned out to be a pretty fun day. When Darrel got home from work, he brought pizza and we took the boys to the park to play. I'm so grateful for my boys. They bring me joy every day of my life. Right now, they are playing outside with the water. They are having a great time. I really should go and take some pictures. Enjoy the pictures I posted of Zach - he sure is a cutie - if I do say so myself.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anjeanette said...

He is so cute! I can't believe he is four already either. Such a fun age. Glad you had fun. Happy Birthday Zach!

Elise said...

He is a cutie! And he was a darling baby! I'm sorry your heart has a hole in it...I have wanted to call...but when I thought of it...it was during preschool hours...so I didn't....and then forgot later in the day...sorry. I hope I can call tomorrow. Happy Birthday Zach!

barlows said...

I will totally agree that he's darling and STILL cute. You are such a good mom as him falling asleep on your shoulder attests. My kids NEVER do that :)

Erin said...

Oh, he is so dang cute! And I agree...still falling asleep on Mama's shoulder at 4 years old is not normal. That makes him even sweeter. I'm glad we could be with you guys on Zach's big day--thanks for coming over, it was fun!

Joy said...

We miss you, too!

Jerolyn said...

Just catching up and wanted to send birthday wishes your babies way...belated wishes that is! The "joy" part about brought tears to my eyes though...it will take some getting used to for sure!

Melissa said...

I'm so impressed you held it together when Joy left. I would have broken down crying (been there done that!) if my sister left like that. You are a good mom to think of your four year old's happiness before your sadness. I hope the hole in your heart fills up soon! :)

Marcie said...

He really is a cutie. I did get the CD of pics- thank you. They're great!