Wednesday, December 12, 2007

An update on our family

We are doing pretty ding-dang good. We're getting VERY excited for Christmas here in the Webb home. I have been taking pictures like a mad woman. Everyone wants an updated family picture for their Christmas cards. I've actually only taken two families pictures plus a soccer team but it feels like a lot.

I finished most of my Christmas shopping online this year. It was easier than carving out time to go to the store. I just feel so busy all the time. This month has done a number to me but we're excited for our Christmas trip to Utah. The boys are SO excited to spend Christmas at Grammie and Grandaddy's house with everyone. I have assured them that Santa Claus will know exactly where to find us when he comes Christmas Eve. (All three are still firm believers)

We had our ward christmas party and it turned out nicely. Darrel put together a Christmas/Nativity video that featured the primary and young men and women. He got many compliments on it. The ward party also fell on his birthday and the bishop found out - the entire ward sang "Happy Birthday" to him - he was thrilled :0)

I have two more weeks of preschool and then I have a week and a half off. I am also very excited for the Christmas break. Amanda is coming down this next week to visit us and Diesel and we can't wait to see her. Diesel will be especially happy. He is doing really well and we all love him very much. He is an easy dog to love. We are still anxiously awaiting his duplex but hopefully it will be coming soon.

We decided not to send out Christmas cards this year so hopefully everyone will understand. This will have to be your official update. So here goes nothing...

Darrel is still enjoying his job here in Las Vegas and he is serving in the ward as the counselor in the Young Mens Presidency over the teachers quorum. The boys love him, and he is doing a great job. I am getting ready to lead the Christmas Choir program this next Sunday as the Ward Choir director. I also still have my calling as the Cub Scout Committee Chair. I also am immersed in preschool and photography.

Alex is enjoying fifth grade at his elementary school and just got on the A/B honor roll at school. He turned 11 in November and seems just so grown up. He babysits for us now and it is SO nice. He is good with the boys and we are very proud of him.

Johnathan is in third grade this year and just earned a citizenship award at school. He is a very obedient boy who tries very hard to do well in school. He enjoys being with his cousin Kenneth and if they aren't together the majority of the day they both go into withdrawl.

Zachary is just a kick. He and I hang out the majority of the time. He's decided that he wants to come to preschool now and stay with the big kids. He is really good at coloring and cutting so in that respect he fits right in. The letters and numbers he's not so good at but we are working on that and maybe by next year he will get there. He is also my resident model for photos - he still is a pretty good sport.

Hopefully this was a pretty good update on our family. We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year.

2 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Your pictures look good. I am bummed we are not getting a family picture of your family in the mail for Christmas. Maybe later..... Anyway, hope you have a great Christmas in Utah. Say hello to mama Webb for me. :)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Thanks so much for popping over from Kody's site and for leaving such a nice comment to CJ. It is muchly appreciated!!

You have a beautiful family! And I really enjoyed checking out your blog! :-)

Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/