Monday, January 15, 2007

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. What a wonderful man to celebrate today. He was such a strong leader. I'm grateful for his persistance in the face of great trial. I get to teach my preschoolers about Martin Luther King, Jr. tomorrow. I hope that in some small way they can understand him and what he did to shape our country.

This last weekend Alex had another meet and Johnathan had another game. On Saturday our family all got up and went to see Johnathan play basketball. He did great and I got to see him make a couple of baskets and one foul shot before Alex and I had to leave for his meet. We drove all the way across town (about 30 minutes) to find out that there had been a miscommunication and the meet wasn't until Sunday. I was bummed. I missed the last part of Johnathan's game because of a miscommunication. Hopefully this won't happen again!

So, on Sunday we all went to Sacrament meeting and then Alex and I slipped out and went to his meet. He did a great job, coming in 7th overall in his age group. He had a pretty good meet and scored some decent scores. Today (Monday) he has practice from 11-3 so we're just about to leave to take him to gym.

Later today we'll clean the house and get ready for another week of preschool. Wish me luck!

No comments: