Sunday, June 21, 2009

Even More Hawaii...

This is a picture of Hideaway Beach. I don't know if that is the real name, but that's what we called it. So beautiful. The snorkeling was amazing, and right off the beach. This is the beach where I got to see my first sea turtle when I went snorkeling. Amazing. Incredible.

One of the nights we headed to a mall to see if we could see a performance of Hawaiian dancers. It turned out we were there on the wrong day but I snapped this picture of my mom and Ben because they matched. (Not on purpose)

This picture I took at Duke's restaurant. We went to Duke's to celebrate my Dad's birthday. The food was delicious and the view...incredible.


Here's what I ordered. I couldn't even tell you the name of the fish. I couldn't pronounce it, let alone spell it. It didn't taste fishy at all and it just melted in my mouth.


This is Darrel and I at Duke's. Darrel was talking to our boys on the phone and was a tad bit distracted.




Just some more beautiful flowers. I liked how these flowers had two little mini flowers in the middle.



This tree was right behind the LDS church where we attended church on Sunday.


This tree caught our eye the first time we passed it on the road and finally one day, we just pulled over and took a picture of it. Can you see how it grew out of the ground, turned sideways, turned down toward the ground, and then went straight up to the sky? SO cool.

This next picture is mainly to prove that I really was on the vacation. I did most of the driving in one of the rental cars (we had two mini-vans). This particular picture was taken by Danny who was a picture taking maniac if you ever handed him a camera.

Darrel and I at the scenic view point in between the South and North Shore of the island. I believe those are Karo fields behind us. (If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me)


2 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Yeah! You really did go. Love all the pictures....looks like a fun group. Such a good idea....my family has been trying to plan the same thing...just kind of hard to do with 11 kids. Someday.... Anyways...beautiful pictures. :)

Marcie said...

WE LOVE DUKE'S! I'm glad you took a picture of your meal because I wanted to the last time I was at the one on Waikiki but Mike was embarrassed about it so I didn't, haha! (Mine was a non-fishy fish too- called the Monchong.)SO fun that you all got to go.