Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Zach and Seth

When Joy and Steve moved away last March and took our best playmates away I thought we were sunk. Daniel and Zachary spent hours upon hours together and loved playing together, being together. Zachary would wake up in the morning and ask about Daniel. He would ask about Daniel before going to bed every night. I thought we were truly sunk. I understood why they had to leave, although it didn't make me happy AT ALL. I knew that I would miss Joy A TON and always be upset about it, but I didn't know if Zach would ever understand. He still doesn't understand why Daniel had to leave and we still miss the Laytons every day, but thankfully Zach has found Seth. Seth has become our new everyday playmate. Zachary and Seth love playing together, being together, and last night after having spent pretty much every minute of the day together, they were still sad to say goodbye. Zachary woke up this morning and asked when Seth was coming over to play. I will never be okay with the fact that we lost the Laytons, but I am so grateful for good friends, for me and for my children. The other day in preschool Zachary and Seth were playing over by the white board together. I walked over there after a while and found that they had drawn this...isn't it cute??!!!

6 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

That is very cute!! Glad they have each other, it's good to have good friends and close by. Too bad Joy had to leave.

The Dell Family said...

That is daring. I love that story not the part of Layton's moving but the rest of it :)

Anjeanette said...

It is so fun when your kids can find such good friends, that they really get along with.

Kim said...

Every kid needs a good friend!!!

Chad and Barbi's family said...

It makes you feel good when your kids find good friends. Camren specifically prayed that when we moved to Wi., he would find a friend. He found one that lives a few doors down and is even in his same class! Zach and Seth look like very cute friend together!

Beth said...

I think I can safely say that you aren't the only one grateful for this match-up. Great friends are a blessing.