Saturday, September 06, 2008

First Soccer Games

Today was the first day of soccer games for Zachary and Johnathan. They both were so excited...but for Zachary, this was his first game of his entire short life and he couldn't have been happier. He LOVED playing. Everytime Darrel took him out of the game he was sad. He wanted to be in the game the entire time. Johnathan's game was first this morning and because of some construction delays there were only four people from his team there when the game officially started. Luckily more showed up within about 20 minutes and they had subs for the rest of the game. Johnathan played goalie the first half and then defense in the second half of the game. Johnathan's team won 7 - 3. They were thrilled.

When Johnathan's game was over it was time to wander over to Zachary's game. His team doesn't officially keep track of goals but I'm pretty sure they lost by a few (if not many) goals. It's not like the kids keep track though. Most everyone had a good time playing. There were a few tears at random times of the game. I was able to capture some of that with my camera but decided not to post those...just the fun stuff.

This is Zachary before the game. He was SO excited.

Below are some of Zachary's teammates.







This is Zachary's goal. He was pumped.
Below are some of Johnathan's great saves.





7 comments:

Anjeanette said...

I was just about to post my kids first soccer games too, and saw yours and Kim's. How funny! I love the pictures. I can't believe how Zachary looks. He is so cute. Johnathan looks like he is good. How fun to watch.

Elise said...

WOW!!! Both of them look like INCREDIBLE players!! It was SO FUN to talk to you the other day! I am so glad we got to catch up and I got to SEE the boys! Thank you so much. I hope we can do that again sometime!

Anonymous said...

your boys are so cute. Glad they enjoy the game, and zachary did look really excited to play. Love the picture of his goal. He is a cutie!!

Joy said...

I guess I need to get on the ball and post some soccer photos, too! Johnathan looks so official with his goalie gloves! I love it. Zachary's team is just so cute.

Kim said...

Okay...when did Zachary grow up!!! Seriously...he's like a little man!!! Looks like fun. Here's to another year of soccer!

Rob and Marci Peacock said...

Oh my gosh Ang! I cannot believe how big your boys are! It was so fun to catch up on your blog!! We really need to hook up with you guys! Your family is so beautiful and your photography is STUNNING!!

Kim said...

I just thought I would tell ya...we are seriously considering the name Zachary for this little guy squirming in my belly!!!